1 minute reading time
FIVE key considerations to help with protecting your data
FIVE key considerations to help with protecting your data, your network, your identity and your money.
- Don't be an administrator on your own PC for normal day to day work. Create a separate admin account and just be a normal "user" unless required.
- Don't run outdated software; Old versions of Windows, Java, adobe other apps
- Have a good quality antivirus installed, working with a current subscription
- Don't visit undesirable or illegal sites (or if you must; learn enough to mitigate the risk, run in a sandbox, another user account, a Virtual PC, or another PC setup for this task)
- Social engineering - Be vigilant when opening links or emails, unsolicited mail or other peoples USB drives
- (Bonus) Get a good antispam/antivirus system that blocks you from as many threats as possible before they enter your network or PC.
- (Bonus) Use complex passwords that are unique for your internet services
About the author
digitalwelcomemat has not set their biography yet
Author's recent posts
More posts from author