Microsoft had a big product launch in the US overnight I haven't had time to fully digest it yet but here are some of the highlights:
- MS is doing a big push on the education market
- A new [additional] version of Windows 10 will be available, Windows 10 "S", its normal windows that is locked to only Windows store apps only, (I'll be checking the fine print!). However, this can be upgraded to Windows Pro which will run all apps. https://tinyurl.com/kos5hmb
- MS Office will soon be available as a Windows store app (as well as current options) to suit the scenario above.
- MS has released a Surface laptop in a traditional "clamshell" design, 13.5" screen, very slim and excellent battery life (Up to 14.5 hours of video playback!). https://tinyurl.com/ldkbgnn. This fits in alongside the surface tablet (with magnetic clip-on keyboard and kickstand) and the surface book (similar thing but with a "hard" connection between the 2 removable parts) and the surface studio an all in one desktop PC. Note that all of these products are *premium* products incredibly sleek sexy and expensive.
- No new Windows phone release this time, this is expected next year. Rumour has it that this will be very close to a full PC in your pocket that acts like a phone when it's handheld but acts like a full PC running all PC apps when docked with your keyboard mouse and big monitor.