If your administrator has turned on multi-factor authentication (MFA) for your Microsoft 365 product here is the list of steps to follow to setup your MFA from a user perspective:
1. logon to Microsoft Outlook or webmail
2. After you successfully add your username and password, a pop-up will appear asking for more information. Click next.
3. Chose the mobile app method
4. Check the 'receive notifications' option button
5. Click setup
6. Instal the mobile phone app from here if necessary
7. If you have the app installed already you may already have services listed
8. Tap on the elipsis
9. Tap on add account
10. Select 'Work or school account'
11. Tap scan QR code
11. Scan the QR code that shows on the PC screen
12. The new account should now show in the authenticator app.
13. This completes the setup of the authertication app.
14. Your microsoft logon will now ask for authentication, tap approve.
15. The next step is to add your mobile phone number in case you don't have access to the authenticator app.
16. Chose your country, add your mobile number and click next
17. Typicly you can ignore the app password, just click done
18 That should be the final step. You will only need the multi factor authentication when you setup a new device or periodically when the administrator requires a re-verification.
Sometimes when restoring a backup using image based backup software you may not be able to 'see' the internal hard drive because it been setup by the manufacturer in a special mode (convenient for them but not so much for you).
If you need to restore a backup form another PC you may need to change the disk mode
Changing the disk mode from RAID to 'standard':
Some users are reporting and issue when saving-as from within Adobe acrobat reader. When trying the save, instead of a dialogue box allowing you to choose the save location all you see is a blank dialogue box form/screen.
This should be able to be solved by turning off the option to save to online-storage. Normally you will be wanting to save the PDF document locally to your PC or a network share so this shouldn't create any problems for most users.
To make this change follow the steps below:
Open adobe reader:
Click on OK to close the dialog box
Close adobe reader, open a PDF files and test
How to disable Microsoft Office 365 updates for your office 365 apps such as Word, Excel and Access: (example in MS access but this can be completed in any of the core Office applications)
1. Click on 'File' in your office app (Continued below)
2. Click on account (continued below)
Note the current build number, this may be useful in diagnosing the issue
3. Click on Office Updates
4. Click on disable updates
Restoring an MBR System image to UEFI/GPT (Macrium reflect):
Based on the information here but shortened for expert users: https://knowledgebase.macrium.com/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=23396929
See link above for full details and images.
digitalwelcomemat now has a blog!
Subscribe for the news as it happens, call me for support on 0404 493 770 or access my remote support solution here: http://help.digitalwelcomemat.com/
Digitalwelcomemat provides IT consultancy and services for business customers on the NSW Central Coast in Australia.